COVID-19 Updates
Home Contact General Information

General Information

Chief Records Custodian

505-827-2997 (Local)

The Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA) provides the public with access to information about governmental affairs. The law requires public access to virtually all public records with a few exceptions most records are available for public inspection.

Cabinet Secretary's Office

505-827-2613 (Local)

Our constituents may call this number if they are having trouble finding a particular resource. We can help you find what you're looking for and get you to the right place!

Birth & Death Certificate Requests

1-866-534-0051 (Toll Free)
505-827-0121 (Local)

Fast and easy way to request a birth certificate from our Vital Records program.


1-800-232-4636 (Toll Free)

To request information on vaccine safety, immunization recommendations, and many more topics, call Center for Disease Control's national center for immunization and respiratory disease hotline.

Survey Section & Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Info Line

1-877-325-8226 (Toll Free)

The survey section of the New Mexico Department of Health conducts several surveys on a wide variety of health topics. If you have been contacted by one of our interviewers and would like to verify that it is indeed the New Mexico Department of Health that contacted you, or you would like information about the surveys, please call to speak to the Survey Section Manager Melissa Herrera.

Southwest Region Public Health Services

575-528-5000 (Local)

This service allows Southwest region residents to get information about reporting infectious diseases or exposure to biological or chemical agents, obtain clinical and preventative services, women infants and children services, children's medical services, administration, disease prevention, border health issues, health promotion, or licensing and certification.

Quit Now

1-800-QUIT-NOW (Toll Free)

Tobacco users can access free cessation services in multiple languages through this toll free number.

Dejelo Ya

1-855-DEJELO-YA (Toll Free)

Tobacco users can access free cessation services in Spanish through this toll free number.

Aging and Disability Resource Center

1-800-432-2080 (Toll Free)

A family caregiver is anyone who is an informal provider of in-home or community care for a relative or loved one. You may assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, eating, and medical tasks. You may run errands, take care of the house, take your loved one to appointments, or coordinate care. Most people, at some point in their lives, become caregivers. There are a variety of supports and services that may be of assistance to you. Putting the pieces together can be a daunting task. Our Aging and Disability Resource Center is a great place to start. We can help you gather information and assess needs, make plans and find support.

Income Support Division’s Information Line

1-855-309-3766 (Toll Free)

Provides basic information about assistance programs offered by the Income Support Division such as Cash, Food and Energy Assistance and Medicaid. It also provides specific information on your case. The information is provided in both English or Spanish to better serve New Mexico residents.